The church of St Eliseus - Fažana
A small, aisleless church with a polygonal Byzantine-type apse was built on the ruins of a late Classical rustic palace in the second half of the 6th century. Some original architectural elements (e.g. transennae) can still be seen. Above the facade once rose the bell-gable probably mullioned in one light.
In 1956, several family graves cut into the rock were discovered beneath the church. Apart from pottery and glassware, they also yielded metal ornaments belonging to clothing. Remains of other sacral structures in the area of Fažana Excavations from 1986-88 at Vela Boška site in Valbandon near Fažana yielded foundations of an early medieval aisleless church with a polygonal apse on the outside. It was erected on the remains of a rural-type Classical settlement (villa rustica).
The valuable pre-Romanesque stone furnishings date this site from the end of the 6th century to approximately the 10th century. The church of St. Lawrence also belongs to the Middle Ages with remains of only some of its stone furnishings and architectural elements from the Byzantine, pre-Romanesque and Gothic period. The church of St. Pelegrin was also built in the medieval period. Decorative stone elements from its pre-Romanesque period have partly been preserved. Remains from these three sites are presently kept at the Archaeological Museum of Istria in Pula.