The Bigatto Palace
Buzet, known as the town of truffles, keeps interesting testimonials of its history in the hilltop historical core as if it is guarding the town which flourishes in the valley. In the 16th century, it became the seat of the Rašpor Captaincy, the Venetian military commander in Istria. Thus it became one of the most important fortresses in hinterland Istria. Completed in 1639, it marked the beginning of the profane Baroque building in Buzet. It is also an exceptional example of the Mannerism and Early Baroque architecture. Today, the Bigatto palace is the site of the Heritage Museum.
2. istarske brigade 2, HR-52420 Buzet
T: +385 (0)52 662 836